Saturday, March 5, 2022

The Education of Borden Scott: Borden Goes to Tea

In my last post on Sydney Borden Scott, I ended on the question of whether or not he had any time for fun while studying at Meharry Medical College. Well, I’ll leave you all to answer that question with this fun little tidbit of social info from The Nashville Globe, published on January 3, 1908:

 

Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers. Lib. of Congress. <https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn86064259/1908-01-03/ed-1/seq-7/>

How did Borden come to be the only male guest? Was he courting Miss Eugenia Walker, or possibly her sister? Did their mother want him to be?

Your guess is as good as mine!

~     ~     ~

My next post will bring Borden’s story at Meharry to a close. After that, it’s on to Chicago for him, where you already know that he ultimately graduates from the University of Illinois College of Physicians and Surgeons. But, I’ve got more pieces of that story to share!

 ~     ~     ~

Meanwhile, do you know anything about Sydney Borden Scott at Meharry Medical College? Or the story behind the story of this little social tidbit? Drop me a note in the comments below – I want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment